Sunday, July 17, 2005

Tree Top Walk

As you all know, my frens and I decided to go on a tree-top walk to MacRitchie today. It was more like a long walk of around 7km (not too unlike our cross-country route before we reached the tree top walk part which lasted for about 250metre.That took us about 2.5 hours. We had to walk out for another 2km before we finally hailed a cab to bring us back to where we parked our cars.

The walk wasn't all too bad but tension was a tat high for one of my friends, incidentally the birthday girl, did not seem very happy. Till now, I'm still not sure the reason but I felt awful cox I was the one who suggested the walk and did all the organising. Perhaps it was because she din expect that it was only the 3 of us, or she thought we felt obliged to come cox it's her birthday when actually all were busy or because she wore slippers instead of shoes, or because she didn't like the idea to start with, or the walk was too long or she was simply tired and hungry... The list could go on.

Why is it so hard to organise an event that is not your usual dining and wining? Sigh. All I want to do is to make her birthday a bit more special but it did seem like a trip to Swensons might well do the job as well.

The only good thing that happened today was probably that we got a cab near the country club which probably saved us 2-3 more km of walking. I probably walked off 500 calories but put it all right back with the baked rice and ice cream cake I took after that.

Life sux.

No comments: