Thursday, July 21, 2005

...

I had dinner with a friend the other day and we started talking about job, future etc. As I heard her out, I realise that she was describing exactly how I had felt about a month or so about not being able to settle down for something and seeming to look for something more.

It was a miserable time I remembered, the pressure you gave yourself, the boredom of having too much time on your hand. What I recalled most about those moments was how alone you felt. That there must be no one else in the world who feel in this way and here someone was sitting in front of me with a steaming cup of earl grey and a nice warm piece of brownie, relating my same story. I find that it helps, when you know that you are not the only who felt this way...perhaps that is why it is said that misery loves company.

Anyhow, in turn I told her my story as well...I had hoped that it will help her in some small way to let her know that she is not alone.

No comments: