Wednesday, July 27, 2005

passion for your work

I am up reading the clauses of what forms the BIMCO Standard Crew Management Agreements and to my surprise it was not as boring an affair as I thought it will be. But no, this post is not to celebrate my passion for reading these clauses...don't worry dear friends, I have bigger passions then these. =)

A few post back, I said I will write something about my trip on board the vessel. Well basically, I wore one of those safety helmets, venture up the gangway, got myself on board one of the most high tech vessels around, drank free coke from the crewmess, hanged around talking to the Brazilian captain and oogle at the fancy controls on the bridge.

The thing that striked me most about this trip was that of a fellow colleague, usually so reserved and quiet became so chatty and eager to tell me things about the ship - showing me pictures and explaining the nitty gritty of the vessel. His passion and knowledge just took my breathe away.

There is something so wonderful about seeing someone passionate about something. It moves you and makes you want to be part of it. It inspire you to something more. Whether it is hearing damselfish saying that she looks forward to work everyday because she love her job; when fishy speaks of books and poetry that she simply adores; when sha and ed are together or when puffy dances on the stage...

No comments: