Sunday, July 03, 2005

Everything changes

"Everything changes but you.... We're a thousand miles apart but you know I love you .." was one cheesy song lyric that came to mind after reading your entry fishy. And yet I have to agree with you - the only constant might well be change.

While there have been many changes in the environment, in my thinking, beliefs and attitudes, I'm thankful that the important things in my life have not changed. I'm thankful for my family's love, for my friendships and for my love for life.

Call me a romantic irony. As much as I am into romance, I am not quite convinced that there are many cases of happily ever after. Wise move to marry a down-to-earth guy instead of that love-at-first-sight crush to secure an everlasting fidelity? I'm not so sure. After all many people change after they get richer or more powerful. And I'm not sure if the lack of lust or fire in the marriage will keep the marriage alive for very long either.

Marry the MR Perfect who sweeps you off your feet and it could well be that his love for you changes faster than you can change your clothes.

Being a person with great expectations for almost everything, I find it impossible to simply settle for living in the present, I think I prefer living the present with the future in sight. And I do hope there's one more constant in my life when I get married.

A quote I like a lot about love and marriage.

" It never changes, when the groom lifts the veil, when the bride accepts the ring, the possiblities you see in their eyes, it's the same around the world. They truly believe their love and their marriage is going to break all the records." - 5 people you meet in heaven.

No comments: