Sunday, July 03, 2005

Today I Marry My Friend....

Hahaha... somehow I'm not surprised to find out that I'm a minority when it comes to choosing btw marrying a friend, or marrying because of love at first sight. We are a free-spirited, passionate bunch aren't we, after all?

What can I say? I agree with fishy ---- (to take her words OUT of context ...) "Marriage is sacred", she says, with that cheeky, so-full-of-herself-that-she's-gonna-overflow look on her face. hahaha :)

yeah...I'm traditional in that way, and I wanna get it right the first time round. I don't belive in finding out about the person AFTER marriage, neither do I believe in living for the moment to regret for the rest of my life if my first gut feel was wrong.

People are complex creatures. And boy, people can change. People can get bored, and people may act up under pressure. The person you knew and fell in love with may not be the person who can stay by you for the rest of your life.

Cynicism aside, I do harbour hopes for a once in a lifetime, passionate, and firey romance ala Meteor Garden, or Mr. and Mrs Smith (allow me to point you to the correct parts of the movie - they are the portions shot in Cuba and right at the END.......ahhahahahahahahah). BUT, if something good comes along.... why not grab it with both arms???

After all, love need not come to us in exactly the way we want it to. Before I end this post, I would just like to put down for the record (to the best of my memory) something really sweet that a groom said to his bride at their wedding (this is from a poem by an Irish poet):

Today I marry my friend,
whom I laugh with,
play with,
cry with,
cherish, and love...


No comments: