Sunday, July 03, 2005

Alone Time

I am beginning to feel like I am getting a little compulsive with the blogging. This definitely feels a little like making up for lost time.

Well. It was a lucky break that I didn't need to work over the weekend (actually this is not entirely true... I'm just leaving some work due tom morning for later... oh well)

BF got summoned home for dinner, which leaves me with some much needed alone-with-myself time. Someone once told me that guys are usually the ones who need time alone. Even when gals wanna spend time away from their guys, they wanna spend it with other ppl - other girls, that is. And that GFs only go off to do their own thing when he needs some alone-time.

I don't agree. It doesn't apply to me, at least not all the time. Maybe it is the manner in which I am used to living my life - doing my own thing, hanging out with my friends, getting caught up in my own world reading my favourite books and comics (I am really looking forward to the next Harry Potter book coming out, btw... just a few days more.... woohoo!!!! hahah... but that is so beside the point).

Spending too much time with one person (I am thinking of the day-in, day-out kind)- even if it is the person you love, can be suffocating. It can make you lose sight of yourself, because you are always trying to make way for 2 people in your life. You may not want to do the same things, or not the same things at the same time, so you compromise. You don't realize it until you get a chance to step back and think. And that is the scary part.

Which is why I need my alone time. Which is why I need to meet up with my friends to remind myself that I still have a life as an independent, attractive individual in my own right.
Which is why I should be working it into my schedule.

I wonder if he feels the same way.

1 comment:

Fish n Chips said...

talk abt complusive... i made 4 entries in a row...=)