Monday, July 11, 2005

I mourn the death of a few of my comrades

Today my eyelashes had their first brush with death.

(Even though I know that hairs are technically dead tissue, so they really can't die again, it is easier to think of them as alive while they are on my skin. It is infinitely more pleasant - and less morbid, than imagining myself carrying around heaps of black stringy dead tissues on my head, face, eyes, arms, legs, etc etc etc. EEW. ).

The salesgirl at the Loreal counter helped me put on some lengthening mascara- it was this white layer that extends the lashes, followed by the usual black layer. Call me a country bumpkin, but when I used my usual make-up remover on the lashes the mascara refused to relinquish its sticky grip on my beautiful hairs, and when I 'shampooed' them with as much remover as i dared, and brushed repeatedly along the lashes - my lashes came off on my fingers.

AAaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY EYES ARE BALDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a terrifying thought.

No comments: