Saturday, June 18, 2005

thoughts by the Salzach river

Sometimes life can be lived simply without always having to do important things and being an important person. TodayI sat by the banks of the Salzach River and allow the beauty of Salzburg capture me and the gently flowing river quench my thirsty soul.

Being by myself in a beautiful place always gives me inspiration. Inspiration not of artistic greatness but that inspiration for life, beauty, love and words to make myself understood. A simple and innocent sort of inspiration that exists in everyone who takes a moment and really see and appreciate the wholeness of life and him or herself, thinking not of him or herself but just being.

Today as I walked by the bridge, there was a Hispanic man playing the harp. What wonderful things this man can do - working wonders with his fingers that glide so gracefully across the strings. Wonder beacause of what his music brought to the people around him. A sort of music that made them glad and their day a better one. I smile and were joyful...

No comments: