Saturday, June 18, 2005

General Observations

Wonder if anyone has felt like a second class friend before?
Case in point: Like when a friend obviously prioritizes her boyfriend over you (I mean of course, BF is very important but there is no need to be obvious about it), and shows it.

This afternoon I called a friend out for a movie. We have just agreed on a time and venue when she dropped me a message to say that her boyfriend had a change of plans and she was now going to meet him instead.

A seemingly small issue I guess, but this seems to be the general attitude and I am beginning to get sick of it. When we were studying in school, whether we can go for dinner depends on whether BF wants to have dinner together, if BF wants to have dinner together then she will be meeting BF for dinner instead. Then she proceeds to wait for BF to call her.

I feel shitty that I cannot be more understanding about her priorities (after all, everyone is entitled to handle things differently, incluing friends), but I feel that people who do not value your friendship do not deserve your friendship as much. Maybe I am just being unreasonable and demanding. Maybe when Ed comes back I will again begin to see how important it is to spend time with your BF, or maybe I should simply be more broad minded...

Oh well.

No comments: