Thursday, June 23, 2005

self esteem

Today I learn about service and challenges. One of the principles is to boost customer's self esteem, for instance by paying sincere compliments and making them feel good about themselves.

Perhaps the lesson has rubbed off so well, I found myself being very free with my compliments after work. It's not like it's a radical change of personality cox I am already an extrovert at heart. And I am not the type to pay compliments if they are not from the bottom of my heart. I guess the main difference is that today I found myself more unreserved with my compliments. And it was a totally enjoyable experience.

"Nice hair you've got there" , " your service is great", "how did you do your hair? looks so styled" are some of my exchange with different salespersons at PS. The overall experience was fantastic for I felt great seeing and knowing that they were very pleased as well. More importantly, I know these are compliments from the heart. It might be retail therapy that had put me in a good temper as well. Whatever it is, all I wanna share is that sincere compliments are wonderful day-makers.

Be generous, be spontaneous, be free with them ... and importantly, be sincere. Enjoy!

No comments: