Saturday, November 12, 2005

A saturday night like one of those long forgotten

I'm back in school to mug on a Sat night for the first time in a long, long, time. The first time since I graduated, in fact.

It's 9.30pm, and I just got here after dinner at Ed's place. Took me an hour to get here what with the usual pleasantries and interaction after dinner, and with my mum (Ed's mum got my parents to go over for dinner) completely oblivious to my mounting anxiety to start hitting the books (she discovered the aquarium shop near the coffee shop we ate at, and she was positively gaga over the saltwater fish display - actually, so was I, but that was when I first saw it a while back)

I'm at my usual spot outside the comp lab - The air around me is as still as i remembered it, with the usual background hum (with compliments from the crickets), students mugging at nearby tables, the feeling of peace and isolation, coupled with a sense of purpose.


Talking about a sense of purpose - have wasted enough of the day... should really get started....

No comments: