Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Pi4 Gu3 Kai1 Hua1

Had no class today, so went blading at East Coast Park this afternoon with some PLC friends - and clocked a grand total of 2 spectacular falls, among other things.

Pillion Pains:-

Was hanging on to my fren Ah yong's bicycle saddle, and getting dragged along in zha1 ma3 bu4 position (great workout for the gluts i say).

Then came a downward slope. Then Puffy started sliding down faster than Ah yong's bike (because ah yong probably braked and Puffy did not really know how to brake -PLUS - the brakes on the rental blades were pretty much busted anyway). So Puffy let go and started sliding down the slope on her own....... and then she skidded!!!! and she started careening towards the lamp-post!!!! and CRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Puffy landed on her ample bum right in front of the lamp post.

Nothing torn, nothing scratched but super drama - I even left a trail of skid marks on the ground. Then I went into shock - the clinical type (with the cold sweat, pale skin, giddiness etc). Strange isn't it? Wouldn't imagine such a strong reaction from a simple fall... heh... i didn't even lose blood... (choi!!!!)

Sia Suay in front of People:-

This second one less drama. I was just blading along the stretch of seafood restaurants at East Coast Park. Then tried to talk to friend Ah Yong at the same time - coz I was thinking of finding a good way to ask the people at the zebra crossing to give way to me (because I don't know how to brake properly - yes, the braking problem...AGAIN. ) Then got distracted, lost balance, let out a VERY LOUD squeal, and fell (the arms flailing type of fall).

Of course, a dramatic fall won't be complete without an appreciative audience - and trust me I had one. SIGH.

Ass still hurts.... but I can make a turn on my blades now! Wheeeee!!!! The falls were pretty worth it on the whole, I guess :)

No comments: