Sunday, August 07, 2005

The week is gonna begin once again

I never thought that house-hunting could be so tedious. And long drawn-out. And so complicated.

I keep having this surreal feeling that I am growing up against my will, what with the talk about having to service a mortgage for the rest of my working life...*shudder* (or a good 10 years at least), or the sheer act of having to make a decision between a flat, a condo, a freehold, a leasehold, a new house, an old one, distance from town, budget..... balancing a million factors basically ... ... What a pain in the posterior.

Not that I am not happy house-hunting, mind you. I swear I will never get tired of looking at the splendidly done up showflats. They really give you the momentary hope that your house could look like that too (but then once you see how much it costs I bet it'd be a different story altogether).

House-hunting is just too tiring, with too many life-altering decisions to make for my comfort.

Well, on to happier thoughts. I went cycling in Pelangan, JB on friday with a bunch of friends from the bar course, and had some really fresh, cheap lobster ($5 for a mid sized one) and other assorted restaurant-ish foods. It was quite a workout - 12km from the bicycle kiosk to the restaurant, and another 12 km back. I almost couldn't feel my ass when I got back... it was numb for a while and ached like mad after. Oh, did I mention that I am officially 'chao tar'??? AND with sunglass marks to boot...~sigh~ Nonetheless... it is fun to travel all over for food... heh (what a pig).


National Day holiday is coming up soon! Whee! hahah... but next week is gonna be a pretty heavy week for me, so I'm really looking forward to Sat dinner!!! I will bring Bailey's! Get ready those glasses and coffee gals! Can't wait to see all of you!

Oh... is it gonna be an all-night thing? Or are we chionging? Need to prepare a movie or something? Bring change of clothes?

No comments: