Sunday, August 21, 2005

east coast park

There is something lovely and sentimental about East Coast Park. Being there always brings back fond memories of secondary school days when there are never-ending invitations to chalets, kayaking and BBQ sessions. Especially at the moments nearing evening, the whiffs of grilled chicken wings and hot dogs makes u salivate unwittingly.

Sometimes when the " lets do some serious exercise feeling", I will pick up my bike and cycle all the way from home to east coast. It is a treacherous ride from my home fraught with small anit-cyclist pavements that force you at times to cycle on the busy roads and one particular part along upper east coast road where you have to carefully balance yourself to go through the teeniest space between a lamp post and some concert slab, not forgetting the many bus stops you have to cycle past and each time, I am praying that some alighting passenger or some oblivious person in the bus stop does not do a sudden swing at me coming from behind them. This is what stands between me and my beautiful, calm and lovely East Coast Park; the sea and her gentle embracing arms. I feel like a knight going through tumultuous journeys to go to my fair maiden in distress. Only I am a gal.

I love the sea, its calming rhythm. It seems to absorb all bad thoughts from me, leaving me only a nice comfy feeling that it is only good to be alive and enjoy the wonderful creations of nature. The endless stretch of water forming a horizon with the boundless sky.

So yup, today I did quite a bit of exe, soak up a bit of the good essence of the sea and sky and all ready and raring to go for the week. Have a great week ahead gals! and to fishy, all the best for your new job.

No comments: