Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Nice Colleagues

Got home an hour ago, had a nice shower, slapped on some of fishy's Bath and Body Works Cherry Blossom moisturizer, and I'm all ready to hit the sack (but I think I shall watch a bit of my Jap drama first.... hee.. can't help it... these things belong to the "food for the soul" category of earthly pleasures. Errrm... I guess that means I have a shallow soul? ah well.)

Wouldn't be here blogging or even thinking about watching anything more interesting than the digital clock ticking away on the little bottom right-hand corner of my computer screen if not for a timely favour.

I would never have made it home the time i did (not that 11.30pm is early by any standards - but trust me, at one point of time I was worried if I could even finish the work by midnight, much less get home before that) if not for a really nice friend of mine, a fellow pupil at the firm.

It's amazing what a godsend these people are. He offered to help me with stuff, and ended up staying back after knock-off time as well. Took about a fifth of the work off my back. Thank goodness for that. Really.

It's little things like these that make work enjoyable, and the long hours bearable. I hope I will always find this wherever I go *cross fingers*

Missed Sunday gathering - Fishy says "there is so much you missed out on again on Sunday". Yep. Didn't manage to make it again, but it was miscommunication this time. Such things are always unfortunate I guess. Gets a little tiring sometimes, to often be one step behind everyone else, and when trying to find out what went on takes some prodding... but friendship takes effort no doubt, and that effort's gotta come from somewhere, I guess.

*yawn* maybe the Jap drama's gotta wait... the comfy bed beckons...

No comments: