Monday, January 16, 2006

Sick Chiken post

as the title loudly pronounces, I am sick. Yes - the doctor has spoken. I am down with some sorta inflammation/infection (bah.. is there SERIOUSLY any difference)of the throat. Gave me sore throat, and when I tot I was better since the sore throat went away, along came the cough and cold and lotsa phlegm (will spare you the gory details - which means I won't tell you what colour the phlegm is)

Popped an cocktail of leftover medicine from whoever used to be sick around the house (I thought since I couldn't find a doctor on sunday - I didn't know any that was open and I was too zapped to find out) - like the famous small yellow pill for flu and some other person's orange pill for cough.

Doctor also diagnosed a slight temperature, which kinda made sense coz i was wondering why i felt woozy from a cold at the office.

hahah... the visit to the clinic was amusing in a way - the doc asked me THREE times during the course of consultation whether I wanted an MC - hahah.. like he couldn't believe I wanted to give up such a great chance to bum and sleep at home on a work day. Well, fact is that I couldn't afford to take the MC even if I wanted to - I told the doc as much. At which point in time he asked me what I worked as. In any case, I'm not about to shorten my call break by any amount of time if I can help it man...so I took the chance to save the trees.

Feat of the week - sick chicken took train to IKEA to buy a trolley full of lights for new house. Wanted to die after that. the trauma of opening up boxes of lights to QC while trying to stem a river flowing from my nose mustn't have been pretty.

Oh well.. looking forward to getting well soon.

Project Runway was fantastic! Always good therapy to look at pretty clothes.. heh. now back to the stack of documents I brought home to read....

No comments: