Thursday, March 02, 2006

"A" level results just came out, and it is deja vu all over again. My sis didn't do well enough to get a scholarship to go abroad though she wanted it so much.... just like I did... once. She pretty much scared my mum out of her wits when she called home and could only cry. She's better now, thank goodness, but I got the sinking feeling that she hasn't given up.

An office right in the middle of Manhattan you say, fishy? That's what dreams are made up of, I agree. I couldn't help having to stay put in little ol' Singapore, But at least I did my best to make the best out of the situation...and it made things a LOT better to be able to visit Ed in US to stay, travel, drive through the entire length of the country. He had what I didn't, but I got to share in the joy of what made being abroad exciting.

It's just easier to leave things to fate, but if fate decides to disagree with us, it would be a bitter pill to swallow.

The firm announced retention (100%) yesterday, and I will be doing Projects. Yet another secretary gave me an incredulous look today, like i just chose to send myself to the gallows. Few ppl had good things to say about Projects, but I shall leave it to Fate. I have come to a point where I am sick and tired of thinking, considering and re-considering. Nike says just do it. I think it is good advise - I'm young after all. Hard work and stress won't kill me. At most I'll look for some place else to go if I decide its not worth the grief.

We'll just see what hand Fate deals me.

No comments: