Monday, February 13, 2006

Strings and Serenades

That is the theme of the Corrine May concert I went for today.

And throughout the concert.. I had the distinct realization that perhaps there is some truth in what ppl say about how music is food for the soul... and her songs have an especially strong effect in that direction. Maybe it's coz her songs are all so hopeful, marvelling at the wonders of the world we live in, and how there is always something good to hang on to when everything looks bleak.

Used to think that her music all sounds kinda the same... hahaha and to a certain extent i still do... but at least now perhaps I appreciate them more.

And with that the weekend just flew by. Was supposed to do some work tonight but I just can't bring myself to. Decided to leave work to weekdays....

Fishy do you know I was quite impressed by what you are setting out to achieve for yourself this year? I wish you luck!!!

I wish I had the same drive. But not at the moment.... I am still feeling my way around my job... but I guess it is normal since I have only had 3 months' worth of working experience.... Listening to Corrine May's "Fly Away" reminded me of a long ago wish to work abroad for a while... we'll see.

And lastly, the question I asked Damselfish on Sat night was whether she found guys who have been out of Singapore for some time more interesting, generally...... hehehehe ;0

No comments: