Monday, November 13, 2006

The Thing with the Pole

I hate pole huggers.

And I'm not refering to sexy pole dancers who make a living spiralling around poles. It takes a damn lot of muscle power to do that and these ladies are just working their butts off to feed the family. They've got my respect.

By pole huggers, I mean inconsiderate people who literally HUG the MRT pole as if it was their other half, while helpless commuters (like me) are struggling sans pole , with a 30-ton laptop bag, files and tottering on high heels in a speeding train. How dangerous is that? Who knows I might just fall and crash onto the babbling toddler next to me.

"Mama!" cries the cute little thing before my laptop bag and me come crashing down like a ogre on the poor little angel's head.

The MRT Pole is public property, not your personal gigolo. And its only proper etiquette to put 5 fingers on the pole to to maintain your balance, and not wrap your entire anatomy around it. Man, get a grip.

Don't be a hindrance to public safety.

Hug your girlfriend, boyfriend, mum, dad, mail order bride, whoever u want. Don't hug the pole. It doesn't belong to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanna hug you - biGMunKeyLoVe