Friday, April 14, 2006

I was reminded

Thanks to Gis' invitation to the premiere (to be an usher), I was reminded of the show I was reminding myself to watch out for - Singapore Dreaming. I first saw it on the website tackingcock.com and I was particularly curious to see what it was all about... is it going to be something like True talkingcock style or is it going to be more like the local Jack Neo movies? And guess the main reason for my interest is because one of the directors was my sec sch teacher.

As I went to the movie website, my attn was brought to the article that inspired the show - Paved with good intentioms. I read it and it all came back to me ... how I was inspired by it when I read it a few years back. Hence, have decided to share it with you my dear frens.

If you have no time, you could simply skip to the words highlighted in purple, think it sums up the article very well and very simply. But I strongly recommend that all should read it.

I saw on news some interviews with 10 men on the street. They were asked the question, "how concerned are you with the elections?" Not surprisingly, none expressed much interest. Some tried hard to think of a politically correct and not-so-nonchalent answer ... " as long as the gahmen takes care of us .... think abt our welfare" .. The compere rounded up the show by saying perhaps we would feel more interest from the younger voters nearer to the elections. I suspect this is what you get from a Plan isn't it?

In an interview with some school kids, one girl brought up " I think/some people think the party is quite arrogant" . The response came back "if we were arrogant, would we be talking to you now?"

Stark contrast to the above ... however, after more of such forums, I wonder - will she become more like a planner or a dreamer?

No comments: